CK Science is recruiting for a Laboratory Analyst/Assistant to join a multi national company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Worthing, West Sussex on a contract basis initially for 6 months which may be extended.
As a global healthcare company, our client take on some of the world's biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, they provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. They have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. They are committed to widening access to their products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay.
The Worthing site is set in a beautiful location on the coast in West Sussex. This is a primary and secondary site that manufactures tablets and sterile liquids, specialising in antibiotic manufacture. The site is located approximately 11 miles on the coastal road to Brighton and around 60 miles from London.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Conduct routine testing of pharmaceutical products following SOP's.
- Conduct physical testing, assay impurity testing and chromatography tests.
- Carry out laboratory analysis and associated tasks as required, to support the laboratory team in order to provide an effective analytical service.
- Maintain effective working relationships with section, customers and suppliers, and actively contribute to improvement initiatives within the laboratory group, and cross-functional teams.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry or related subject is required.
- Laboratory experience in techniques such as HPLC, Karl Fisher, Titrimetry and Physical properties testing (Tablet Disintegration, Tablet Hardness, Friability etc is preferred but not essential.
- Previous experience in routine laboratory testing in the above techniques to support this growing stability programme is preferred.
- Good knowledge and understanding of GMP.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global company in the West Sussex region.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference KA44134 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Julie Marshall
- Phone: 01438 723 500
- Reference: KA44134
- Posted: 9th January 2019
- Expires: 6th February 2019