Cellomatics Biosciences Ltd. is a growing specialised Contract Research Organisation (CRO) providing pre-clinical laboratory services to support the research and development activities of Biotech and Pharmaceutical companies (www.cellomaticsbio.com). The Company has its office and laboratory based at Biocity Nottingham, UK.
We are now seeking a highly motivated candidate with experience in Business Development within laboratory-based Contract Research Organizations to join our operations as a Business Development Director. The successful candidate will join our small, friendly team and will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer [CEO].
This position requires interactions with the executive team, marketing and scientific staff to develop differentiated solutions and offerings. The primary role is to develop profitable business with new and existing clients and to build strong commercial relationships and customer loyalty. This position requires regular visits to existing and new customers to assess customer needs, respond to customer enquiries and suggest appropriate services.
- Lead the discussions with new clients to understand their requirements, manage client expectations, optimize client relationships;
- Develop and coordinate efficient commercial transaction processes including proposals, pricing and contracting;
- Identify and contact prospective customers and build positive relationships that will generate future sales and repeat business. Use different modes of contacting including emails, telephone and skype calls, personal visits;
- Contact clients with standard inquiries (i.e. clarifying baseline price / quote information, proposal delivery logistics, etc);
- Actively participate in achieving annual sales targets;
- Reviews price/quote requests to ensure initial understanding of client requirements and assists CEO with managing various aspects of quote, proposal and RFI (request for information) development for assigned opportunities;
- Participate in the development of marketing tools;
- Participate in specific industry trade shows and meetings;
- Active participation in Cellomatics BioSciences business intelligence: keep awareness to any new relevant information allowing to optimize the company competitive edge;
- Responsible for designing and delivering key elements of the promotional plan to strengthen our position in a highly competitive market;
- Ensures timely and consistent delivery of assigned proposals to clients;
- Performs data entry into databases, as appropriate (e.g. updates, proposal number requests and generating both regularly scheduled and impromptu reports).
- Education/Qualifications: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences (Business management qualification desirable)
- At least 7-10 years of business development experience in the pre-clinical in vitro sector of CRO industry
- Excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and ability to be persistent while maintaining tact
- Demonstrated computer skills – requires excellent MS Office Experience (specifically Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to plan, multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrated teamwork, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
- Experience in a scientific or logistics environment is a plus
- Proven ability to work independently and to deadlines
- Goal-oriented, entrepreneurial, and proactive thinker;
What we offer:
Our benefits package includes a competitive salary with performance related commission/bonus annually+2% employer pension contribution; flexible working options and access to an on-site Cafe. This position is based at our Biocity Nottingham office.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be suitable for this role to email@example.com.
- Employer: Cellomatics BioSciences
- Updated: 14th January 2019
- Expires: 31st January 2019