Product Manager, Laboratory Products
Based South East England
Negotiable salary + benefits
Our client is a major distributor of laboratory consumables and equipment to the international laboratory sector. As part of their continued expansion, they wish to appoint a Product Manager who will support their sales and marketing drive.
Key aspects of the role are:
- Increase sales and gross profit of allocated suppliers and products.
- Act as product expert and champion, from both a technical and market perspective.
- Develop understanding of the situations/context in which allocated products are used.
- Conduct in-depth market and competitor research to feed into marketing plans and divisional strategy.
- Maximise the opportunity for sales of allocated products/ suppliers and products through analysis of market segments
- Prepare tactical Business Plans for Products/Suppliers in line with the Company’s strategic plan.
- Promote the sales of the products by any and all means including generation of copy for paper mailings, emails, web pages, literature, etc.
- Identify and quantify opportunities for sales of allocated products in key accounts and assist the field force in capitalising on them
- Set and maintain market list prices for new and existing allocated products. Provide guidance on selling prices to the Sales Force where required.
- Negotiate with suppliers to achieve competitive product purchase pricing relative to competition whilst maintaining an acceptable GP.
- Maintain and develop strong supplier relationships, providing regular sales & marketing feedback and performance appraisal.
- Manage product life cycles effectively and maintain all the relevant Product Master Files stock and expiries.
The successful candidate will be qualified to degree level in a life science and possess a minimum of three years’ experience in a laboratory setting. In addition, you’ll ideally have experience in molecular biology and/or liquid handling.
You’ll need to demonstrate creating and imparting sales and marketing messages to deliver product and service solutions to meet customer needs, together with the ability to create, maintain and implement strategic and tactical marketing plans.
You’ll have excellent interpersonal skills, able to develop rapport quickly with experience of influencing many different types of internal and external stakeholders such as decision makers, end-users and suppliers
Good IT and administrative skills, presentation and negotiating skills are essential together with good problem solving skills, and being able to develop creative solutions.
For more science jobs, go to www.sci-search.com
- Agency: SCI Recruitment for Scientists
- Contact: Andy Cuthbert
- Phone: 01606 818290
- Reference: 20087
- Updated: 7th January 2019
- Expires: 4th February 2019