Natalie Wood at CK Science is recruiting for a Technical Manager to join a measuring and testing company in the life science industry at their site based in Greater Manchester on a permanent basis. This role would be suited to someone who has strong experience working in the lab but is keen to move into a more managerial role.
Our client is offering an opportunity to work in a laboratory testing samples from a range of industries including pharmaceuticals, agricultural, biotechnology, food, environmental, government and academia. Due to continued growth of our client's business they are looking for proactive, experienced and enthusiastic individuals who can help make a significant contribution to the continued success of the business.
This role is located at their facility based in Greater Manchester. There are good transport links and the site is easily accessible by motorway. The town is a great place to live and work and is easily commutable from Manchester, Rochdale and Bolton.
Your main duties will be:
- To ensure the on-time delivery of proficiency testing (PT) schemes, to a global customer base, in accordance with international quality standards.
- To lead the production, development and review of proficiency testing samples for PT schemes in a range of analytical disciplines.
- To ensure compliance of processes with the international standard for Proficiency Testing, ISO/IEC 17043.
- Review of data according to the specified statistical protocol (ISO 13528).
- Production and authorisation of assessment reports for designated PT schemes.
- Line management of the staff involved in the production of PT test materials.
- To lead QC and QA processes, within the Chemistry team and act as liaison with the wider technical teams.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Broad experience of analytical chemistry, with experience of analytical quality control and method development an advantage.
- Attention to detail, with a focus on planning and organisation of tasks for other members of staff.
- Able to demonstrate a record of delivery to strict deadlines.
- Creative and innovative leadership, driving process improvements and showing a strong commitment to quality.
- Ability to work effectively with other members of the chemistry technical team, with peers from other departments/companies and with external advisors.
- An excellent communicator and team leader, able to motivate and inspire members of the lab team.
- Experience of using Excel would be an advantage.
An excellent salary and working environment in a role that offers excellent future potential.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CH44146 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical and Technical Recruitment)
- Contact: Natalie Wood
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: CH44146
- Posted: 7th December 2018
- Expires: 4th January 2019