Manufacturing Engineer - Oberdorf
Jocelyn Blackham is recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer to join a company in the Medical Device industry at their site based in Oberdorf on a contract basis for 12 months.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Support manufacturing operations in the areas of process development, tool design, machine programming & layout, machinery & equipment, continuous improvement and other duties associated with engineering support of production.
- Provide direction and technical support regarding equipment design and development, testing of materials, preparation of specifications and operator instructions, process studies, investigations, root cause analysis, problem solving and report or presentation preparation.
- Ensure the requirements for quality standards and compliant documentation, capacity, product availability and cost.
- Coordinate and support new equipment acquisition efforts including user requirement specifications, machine selection, installation, validation, employee training, and other related equipment responsibilities as required.
Further responsibilities will include to:
- Develop process validation strategy and writes and executes engineering studies and process validation protocols and summary reports (Installation Qualification, Operation Qualification, Performance Qualification, Computer Software Validation and Test Method Validation).
- Assist in gage design, measurement system analysis, and gage implementation as required. Is able to use various types of measuring instruments including, micrometers, calipers, comparators, tensile testers, coordinate measurement systems etc. to support engineering testing.
- Assist in developing fixtures and designing tools and has the ability to express and implement ideas with tool designers.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Previous experience in manufacturing and/or engineering is required.
- Six Sigma or Lean Sigma certification or 4 years of experience preferred.
- Experience developing and implementing robust automated manufacturing equipment, preferred.
- Experience with packaging, Laser, and CNC processes and equipment, preferred.
- BSc in a relevant discipline including Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a related degree.
- Must be highly organized, creative, articulate and analytical.
- Must be fluent in English and German.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fully established medical device company.
Please quote reference QLS44148 in all correspondence.
You MUST be eligible to work in Switzerland. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical and Technical Recruitment)
- Contact: Jocelyn Blackham
- Phone: 01438 723 500
- Reference: QLS44148
- Posted: 7th December 2018
- Expires: 4th January 2019