Are you an experienced and passionate molecular biologist looking for a new challenge within the sector?
We are currently looking for a Technical Lead Scientist to join the Allergen Testing team within a growing life sciences company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Technical Lead - Allergens you will have a good understanding on the technical requirements of testing food using molecular techniques such as ELISA and PCR. Your primary focus will be to support operations and maintain excellent on time delivery (OTD) of results, deliver high standards of quality, and implement the department's goal of developing and validating new complimentary lines of analytical testing to aid our clients in the food industry.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Technical Lead - Allergens will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Aid laboratory team with routine preparation, extraction and analysis of samples when required, and ensuring ISO17025:2005 standard is maintained at all times. You will mentor and provide training and technical support to laboratory technicians.
2. Troubleshooting and implementing analytical methods / instrumentation (namely ELISA and PCR) and communicate actions and effectiveness to management. Performing new method validations to ISO17025 when required.
3. Maintenance, calibration and record keeping of Instrumentation.
4. Support the Section Manager in technical requirements of processing the day's workload and ensuring it runs at optimal efficiency.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Technical Lead - Allergens we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline. In addition to this, it will be expected that you will have gained experience working in an ISO17025 regulated food or allergens testing facility.
2. This is a position of increased responsibility, therefore you will be expected to lead by example and be able to coach a small team.
3. You will be expected to demonstrate working experience of ELISA and PCR techniques, ideally with some method development and/or validation.
Key Words: Technical Lead | Lead Scientist | PCR | ELISA | Food testing | Allergen testing | ISO17025
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Debra Fong
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5630612
- Posted: 7th December 2018
- Expires: 4th January 2019