Lucy Stendall at CK Group is recruiting for a QC Technician to join a multi national company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Milton Keynes on a contract basis for 6 months.
Our client is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. This position sits within their Manufacturing Division, which consists of a team of dedicated, energetic individuals, committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. They have an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
Milton Keynes is conveniently located on both the M1 motorway and the West Coast Main Line.
Your main duties will be:
• To perform the testing of raw materials, packaging material, intermediates and finished products in accordance with GMP, dossier and where relevant, as per pharmacopoeia requirements.
• Raw Material and Packaging material sampling and testing.
• Undertake the analysis of incoming samples and finished products to documented specifications using conventional analytical techniques e.g. FTIR, UV, TOC analyser, Titrations, wet chemistry techniques etc. ensuring testing deadlines are met.
• Perform water testing and data trending.
• Report and investigate OOS/OOT results, investigate root cause and rectify problem. Raise CAPA actions.
• Ensure data integrity is maintained throughout and lab errors are kept to a minimum.
• Active contribution to Laboratory Improvement activities.
• Update SOP's, and Specifications ensuring they are current and relevant.
• Promote safety within the laboratory areas, by recording safety observations, ensuring correct signage and maintaining COSHH documentation to prevent or reduce unnecessary exposure to hazardous substances.
• SAP - ensure timely completion of results in SAP. Other responsibilities
• To uphold company procedures in regards to GMP and comply with UK pharmaceutical regulations at all times.
• To comply with company's health and safety practices and procedures.
• Should be able to perform Quality Control testing of raw material, packaging materials, finished products and intermediates in accordance with GMP, dossier and where relevant, pharmacopoeial requirements.
• Should have the knowledge of spectrophotometric Analysis (FTIR, UV/VIS), TOC.
• Should have the knowledge of Wet Chemistry techniques including titrations, digestions, full metal analysis.
• Should have the knowledge of GMP Compliance.
• Should have 1- 3 years' experience in Pharmaceutical Quality testing/Analytical testing.
• Should have Raw Materials testing including pharmacopoeia methods.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference KA44128 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical and Technical Recruitment)
- Contact: Lucy Stendall
- Phone: 01246 457733
- Reference: KA44128
- Updated: 7th December 2018
- Expires: 4th January 2019