A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Area Sales Manager to join a leading scientific equipment company with a well established Global presence. As the Area Sales Manager you will be responsible for hunting and closing new business in the South of England. Customers will include Academia, Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology companies.
This position has clear training and development plans as well as a competitive salary with attractive benefits including Car, Bonus, Healthcare, a fantastic pension and more.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Area Sales Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Hunting and developing new business through prospecting. cold calling, emails, meetings and more, to increase sales and market presence. You must also manage some existing key accounts to further build the relationships.
2. Arranging meetings with existing key customers and with new customers to build rapport, deliver presentations and demonstrations, and close sales.
3. Attend exhibitions, seminars and conferences to network and professionally represent our client.
4. As the Area Sales Manager, you must maintain a good knowledge of market trends, competitor activity and competitor strategy.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Area Sales Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Science, Technical or Business Degree such as Biology, Engineering, Life Sciences, Microbiology. A driving licence is mandatory.
2. Proven industry experience in a field sales, inside sales and/or business development within the scientific or healthcare market, with a proven track record of success.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Life Science, Microbiology or Water Purification is advantageous.
Key Words: Area Sales Manager / Sales / Account Manager / Sales Manager / Territory Manager / Business Development Manager / Sales Specialist / Technical Sales / Cambridge / London / East Anglia / Ipswich / Peterborough / Norwich / South East / Microbiology / Water Purification / Life Science / Academia / Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology / Laboratory Equipment
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Christina Giakou
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5318
- Posted: 6th December 2018
- Expires: 3rd January 2019