Emily Mills is recruiting for a Mechanical Fitter to join a pharmaceutical company based in Nottingham on a permanent basis.
Our client helps biopharmaceutical companies improve patient outcomes with a range of albumin-based products and technologies that facilitate the development of superior biotherapeutics.
In this role you will report to the Mechanical Supervisor and be responsible for engineering maintenance activities to ensure the 24/7 manufacturing facility runs on schedule and to the defined standards. You will also support small engineering projects and larger capital investments within a highly regulated and controlled cGMP environment. Since our client operates in a 24/7 production environment, the role will also entail the provision of out of hours support.
Key responsibilities include:
· Deputize engineering trades
· Ensuring maintenance activities are carried out in a safe, compliant and timely manner within the established KPI framework
· Project management of small engineering projects
· To contribute and provide support as required for large capital investment projects
· Provision of routine out-of-hours emergency call-out support on the engineering call-out rota
· To liaise with and take responsibility for on-site external engineering contractors/consultants to ensure all activities are conducted in line with agreed procedures and protocols
· Assisting with the planning and coordination of the annual shutdown plan, including the writing and reviewing of routine documentation such as SOPs, risk assessments, method statements and change requests
· Ensuring that all documentation is kept up to date and reflects correct validated status
· Provide non-routine support to engineering where appropriate
· Ideally having served a recognised mechanical engineering apprenticeship complete with supporting qualifications
· Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years' post-apprenticeship experience within a process-oriented industrial environment
· Welding and fabricating skills are highly desirable but not compulsory
· Knowledge or previous experience of cGMP compliance, deviation management, change control, process improvement programmes is desirable
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference TC44123 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical and Technical Recruitment)
- Contact: Emily Mills
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: TC44123
- Posted: 5th December 2018
- Expires: 2nd January 2019