A market-leading, international manufacturer of protective coatings is currently seeking a Development Chemist to join its innovative formulation laboratories on a permanent basis, based in Tunbridge Wells. As Development Chemist, you will play a vital role in the formulation of new exciting products whilst having the ability to continuously improve their current portfolio.
This position would suit either a highly motivated chemistry graduate, from a recognised university who is keen to explore formulation chemistry as a career avenue. Or alternatively, the company would welcome experienced profiles with a strong background in development chemistry with a successful track record of bringing products to market.
* Driving research and development, with an innovative, creative approach
* Understanding the underlying chemistry behind key products, along with manufacturing methods.
* Defining, and understanding the benefits and features of existing products and materials.
* Maintaining a high standard of good lab practice, ensuring data and results are stored in accordance to laboratory policy.
* Creating project presentations and briefs for development of new and existing products.
* Designing, improving and sustaining the tests used in the lab.
* Degree qualification from a recognised university in Chemistry or closely related field of study.
* Possess a creative and imaginative mind-set, with an ability to problem solve.
* A self-starter, with the ability to systematically drive projects through to a conclusion.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Previous experience operating within an industrial laboratory setting - completing formulation/development work on new products.
In return, the company can provide a rewarding career with an opportunity to learn valuable skills directly related to development chemistry. £Comp + excellent company benefits
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: BBBH5777
- Posted: 5th December 2018
- Expires: 2nd January 2019