We are currently with a high profile pharmaceutical client in Co. Armagh, Northern Ireland who have an exciting opportunity available for a Technical Support Group Leader (Packaging Operations).
As the Technical Support Group Leader (Packaging Operations) you will provide leadership for the Packaging Support function. Manage all business process implementation, new product launches and equipment implementation within the Packaging department.
You will ensure that suitable procedures are developed and in place for managing all aspects of these functions, these procedures must ensure all tasks are completed in accordance with the principles of current Good Manufacturing Practice.
The role will be global, supporting all packaging sites and will work closely with the Packaging process design and operational teams.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Technical Support Group Leader (Packaging Operations) will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Management of the technical transfer team which incorporates packaging design, material assessment in line with packaging technologies and the generation and execution of validation activities for new product introductions, processes and packaging technologies. Management of the global serialisation team which incorporates operational planning and execution of serialisation activities along with the integration of APS service provider's serialisation solution to the client's provider to enable the transfer of serialised data.
2. The introduction of new business processes related to packaging activities, these processes may be driven from regulatory requirements or continuous improvement projects. Ensure the business processes are appropriately challenged and are fit for purpose. Manage their introduction efficiently and effectively. Providing SME support to internal departments and clients ensuring the processes are managed in line with the overall project plan.
3. To be the main point of contact for technical discussions with the client relating to the packaging process and packaging materials. Responsible for all process validation activities (generation and execution) concerned with NPI, SKU variations, new equipment and new processes. You will have management responsibilities of new product launches and the implementation of new packaging processes, ensuring that staff are fully trained in both the process technologies and key process parameters relevant to all new products and processes.
Work closely with the Process Design Manager to develop packaging processes and ensure a review between quoted and actual running costs.
4. Develop an industry leading knowledge of the utilisation of pharmaceutical packaging technologies and printing technologies, working with suppliers to ensure the company are utilising the full range of capabilities from the equipment portfolio. Responsible for the procurement of standard pieces of packaging equipment working with the Maintenance department, Quality department and Business Project Management. Work closely with the Maintenance department to agree all service level agreements (internal and external) for packaging equipment. To provide technical support to the resolution of packaging and process problems, including SME support for investigations related to packaging technology.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Technical Support Group Leader (Packaging Operations) we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a science or engineering discipline.
2. Proven management experience in a highly regulated packaging function. This will include exposure to the end customer and routine client interaction, project management, line management of senior team members and budget management.
3. Excellent organisational, leadership, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. Proven ability to work effectively on own initiative and effectively contribute within a team environment. Proven ability to analyse operational tasks, measure efficiencies, schedule resources and identify and implement process improvements
Key Words: Team Leader | Management | Packaging | Pharmaceutical | Operations | operational |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Eve Hegarty
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5630465
- Updated: 9th November 2018
- Expires: 7th December 2018