Graduate Technical Sales role, based in the North West. Requiring a degree in Chemistry or similar and an active interest in taking on a commercial role in the chemical industry.
Title: Graduate Technical Sales
Location: North-West (Home-based)
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum (dependent on experience) + quarterly commission
SRG is working with a privately-owned business who specialise in the distribution of chemicals, polymers and minerals to a UK wide market. They have built up strong relationships with a number of leading chemical manufacturers and a large portfolio of speciality products. As a result of continued growth and success, they are now looking to recruit a graduate chemist to support business development, particularly in the coatings industry. The role would suit a recent Chemistry graduate with an interest in the commercial side of the chemical industry. Equally, it could be right for someone with technical experience in the coating industry who would like to move into business development.
Benefits: A well-established and successful company offering an opportunity for someone to utilise their knowledge and passion for chemistry in a commercial environment. This role will be based from hom, with regular travel. Full training and a development programme will be provided, as well as future progression opportunities. 37.5 working hours - Monday to Friday, 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays, excellent pension scheme and quarterly commission. Company car and laptop provided.
Role / Description
* Managing key accounts within the coatings industry, providing support for coatings product range
* Maintaining and developing knowledge of the market from both a technical and commercial standpoint
* Travelling and visiting customers to establish contacts and strong relationships
* Direct selling of speciality chemicals to customers within the coatings industry in the UK, in line with objective and targets
* Maintaining customer sales records and files, ensuring accurate pricing and recording
* Preparing regular sales reports, market research reports and forecasts of sales demand for specific geographic areas
* Introducing customers to technical aspects of speciality chemicals using data and formulation information
* Maintaining up to date knowledge and reporting on new market information and competitor's activity
* Minimum degree in Chemistry or similar
* Genuine interest and/or experience in the chemical or coatings industry
* An interest in sales, business development or customer-facing roles
* Full UK Driving Licence and willing to travel regularly
* Confident with excellent people skills
* Commercially aware
* Excellent written AND verbal communication skills
* Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
This role would be an excellent opportunity for Chemistry graduate or experience Chemist who may be interested in the commercial side of the chemical industry.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: chemistry, graduate, coatings, speciality chemicals, distribution, travel, chemical, business development, sales, technical sales,
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J29211
- Posted: 9th November 2018
- Expires: 30th November 2018