Sarah Farrow at CK Group is recruiting for a Quality Coordinator on behalf of a leading manufacturer of automotive battery components at their site in Newcastle on a permanent basis.
Our client is a world leading in the manufacture of Polyethylene Battery Seperator material for the automotive industry. They have won prestigious awards in manufacturing excellence, and their products are exported worldwide from their manufacturing facilities in Newcastle upon Tyne.
This role is located in Newcastle upon Tyne, easily accessible by road from the A1 or A19, and is well served by local bus services.
The main purpose of the role is to support the Quality Manager with all aspects of Quality Assurance and Quality Control. You will be required to direct and support a team of Quality Technicians on the delivery of optimum performance whilst adhering to company standards of conduct, policies and procedures.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading quality testing for special products
- Testing and approval of incoming raw materials
- Providing QC lab support to production and R&D during trials
- Management of the QA hold area
- Assisting the change management leader in the implementation of quality lean products
- Leading quality 5S projects
- Management of quality department SOPs
- Training employees in SOPs
- Management of the inventory of QC lab consumables
To be considered for the position you should be an experienced Quality Professional, who has worked in a relevant, ISO 9001 accredited organisation.
The following would be highly beneficial for this position:
- CQI level 3 certificate, and ideally diploma
- Accredited as a ISO 9001:2015 internal auditor
- Experience of Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Lean six sigma green belt
The company offer a competitive benefits package, which includes:
- Annual bonus
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference DH43904 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Contact: Sarah Farrow
- Phone: 0191 384 8905
- Reference: DH43904
- Posted: 9th November 2018
- Expires: 7th December 2018