We are currently looking for a Section Head - Analytical Chemistry to join a growing life sciences company based in the Derbyshire area (this location could also be reached from South Manchester). Our client are focussed on a number of core sectors including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food, environmental, agrochemical, petrochemical, chemical and consumer products industries.
As the Section Head - Analytical Chemistry this role will lead the existing team of 6 8 analytical and purification chemists and facilities across a number of sites, supporting all internal chemistry teams in addition to providing services to external customers. Due to the breadth of sectors and industries we provide services to this is a varied role and would suit an individual who thrives on a wide variety of different challenges.
Key Words: analytical chemistry | synthetic chemistry | medicinal chemistry | section manager | laboratory manager | pharmaceutical | team leader | group leader |
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Section Head - Analytical Chemistry will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Provide strong leadership and people management skills. You will be the focal point for the department, displaying the confidence, commitment and positive attitude required to drive others on to succeed and achieve in their day-to-day activities. You will also provide guidance to the team to ensure that the department can provide expertise in the latest techniques.
2. Demonstrate strong technical competency. This will be gained through practical knowledge and over a wide range of analytical chemistry techniques.
3. Provide effective project management.
4. Take responsibility for H&S of the analytical chemistry department.
5. Work alongside business development and other sites within the Group.
6. Foster an environment of continuous improvement.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Section Head - Analytical Chemistry we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. BSc/MSc/PhD in an analytical, chemical or related scientific field with demonstrated, relevant experience.
2. Experience of working within a regulated pharmaceutical environment.
3. Broad practical experience in an analytical chemistry setting, for example; method development using techniques such as LCMS, UPLC, SFC, GC and GCMS, NMR knowledge is desirable but not essential,
small molecule structure elucidation.
4. You will be expected to demonstrate experience in line management, project management and have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Eve Hegarty
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5630461
- Posted: 9th November 2018
- Expires: 7th December 2018