Microbiology Technician- Food- Water - UKAS - £18k-£23k -Bucks - ISO 17025 - Aseptic - Media Preparation - LIMS
A leading food manufacturer is continuing to grow and requires a Microbiology Technician to join its team. You will be carrying out microbiology testing in support of NPD and troubleshooting on a range of household brands. You will have prior microbiology experience within a food or water testing laboratory.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* To perform challenge testing of products including:
o Culture preparation
o Sample preparation
o Microbiological analysis
o Plate counting
o Data review
* To perform product profiling - pH and water activity analysis for microbiological risk assessment.
* To partake in appropriate, timely and effective response to any microbial food safety issues.
* To perform all duties in accordance with ISO 17025 principles.
* To perform all necessary housekeeping functions and other general duties as required.
* To work within the company H&S requirements.
KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have a degree in microbiology, or related subject, and have prior experience in a UKAS accredited Food/Water Microbiology laboratory.
You will have a working knowledge of all functions including:
* LIMS and sample log in
* Sample preparation and dilution
* Media plating
* Plate reading and reporting
* Product profiling - pH and water activity analysis
* Confirmation tests and pathogen detection tests
* Media preparation
* Culture maintenance and preparation
* Challenge testing including culture/sample preparation and inoculation techniques
However, consideration will be given to candidates with less experience, as full on job training will be provided.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
* Good attention to detail and record keeping
* Proven good organisational abilities and self motivated
* Good scientific discipline and logical approach to working
* Ability to work to agreed protocols and standards
* Ability to work accurately under pressure
* Good inter-personnel skills and good team work
* Ability to multi task
* Good practical skills
* Drive and enthusiasm to carry out tasks within this function
* Flexibility of work hours
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: BBBH4869
- Posted: 10th August 2018
- Expires: 7th September 2018