CK Group is recruiting for a Medical Science Liaison in Respiratory to join a world leading science-led healthcare company working field based in the North East of England on a 6 month contract.
The Medical Scientific Liaison (MSL) is a field-based scientific expert in Respiratory. A key objective as a member of the medical team is to build partnerships with external experts, to provide non-promotional, medical and scientific support in order to:
• Help ensure the safe and effective use of the company's medicines.
• Provide support to clinical development colleagues in site selection and with investigators conducting the company's clinical trials.
• Provide scientific support and insight for internal stakeholders.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
• Work with colleagues and external experts to develop the local strategic and operational medical plan.
• Build relationships with external experts (e.g. Health Care Professionals, Payers, Patient groups), through robust, scientific dialogue.
• Conduct meetings with clinical study investigators, steering committee members, advisory board members, consultants etc, in relation to medical activities being conducted with the company.
• Respond in a timely and accurate manner, to unsolicited requests for on or off label information or safety concerns from HCPs through standing information requests in response to medical information enquiries that arise from the field.
• Deliver scientific presentations as the internal medical expert at commercial meetings.
• Support clinical development activities in their assigned therapy area by participating in site identification and assessment, addressing subject retention and other scientific issues in partnership with the study management team.
• May engage in discussions concerning research project proposals, and work with assigned therapy area medical team to process these for funding consideration.
• Attend and potentially present at national and international scientific meetings to gather information on recent data being presented on products and disease states of interest to the company; or to address HCP's unsolicited questions.
• Within the aligned therapy area, provide scientific support for field based account teams and play a role in providing training for these teams.
• Work with the Health Economy Business Director for an allocated area, provide medical governance leadership to embed the company's governance framework within field based account teams.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• Accredited Health Care Professional or Life Science Degree.
• Evidence of postgraduate work experience within a medical or pharmaceutical industry setting.
• Previous respiratory would be preferred
• Valid UK driver's license.
• Deeper understanding of either scientific medical research methodology or clinical patient care will be an advantage to candidates in this role.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference KA42985 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Contact: Julie Marshall
- Phone: 01438 723 500
- Reference: KA42985
- Posted: 2nd August 2018
- Expires: 30th August 2018