An exciting opportunity has arisen for either an experienced Business Development Professional / Account Manager or Scientist who is looking to change their career focus. You will be part of an innovative organisation in Cambridgeshire who specialise in the application of new material technologies into medical science, renewables and green energy industries. As a business development scientist you will work closely with the CEO, exploring potential scientific and technical partnerships alongside developing working relationships with partner companies to help in the delivery and exploitation of company products. To be successful you should ideally possess some commercial experience of project management or business development within a scientific organisation and hold a relevant degree within physics, materials science or similar discipline.
Business Development Scientist Responsibilities:
* Engaging with compatible institutes and companies to identify and initiate technology development relationships and joint development programs.
* Analyse, investigate and nurture relationships with commercial partners to deliver products to market.
* Collaborate with the Company's research teams to source projects with translational potential and developing these opportunities where they can be applied in the real world.
* Promote the Company at global networking and trade events, exhibitions and conferences.
* Working with the CEO to shape and implement commercial ideas and strategies.
Business Development Scientist Requirements:
* Possess some commercial experience of project management or business development within a scientific organisation.
* Hold a relevant degree within physics, materials science or similar discipline.
* Capability to quickly grasp new technologies with the ability to identify commercial potential.
* Excellent influencing skills through written and verbal communication.
* Undeterred by a highly flexible working environment, enthusiastic about fluid working practices with an ability to handle and progress multiple projects efficiently and effectively.
* Extremely good interpersonal skills, outgoing and confident in working closely with people, internally and externally to the business.
Salary £30,000 - £35,000 + Excellent Benefits Inc. Company Share Option - Pension Contribution.
If you are a driven business developer or a scientist looking to take a step in a different direction please send your CV to email@example.com or get in touch: 01483 548804
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Contact: Lewis Cox
- Phone: 01483548804
- Reference: 5538
- Posted: 23rd July 2018
- Expires: 20th August 2018