Pharmacogenomics Principal Scientist / Team Leader – Biomarker Discovery
An exciting opportunity within a renowned gene expression laboratory to manage a team of PhD, MSc and BSc scientists delivering fee for service research and study partnerships to Biotech and Pharma groups. The team apply molecular profiling technologies to target biomarker discovery and validation, specifically in small biopsies using single cell technologies. Data generated supports patient selection and PD in clinical trials. This individual will be responsible for liaison with clients re study design, delivery of GCP compliant studies and interpretation of resulting data / presenting such data to clients
PhD plus > 8 years’ experience, ideally in industry. Must be proficient in PCR, Array and NGS platforms with associated data analysis. Candidates with experience within a relevant commercial environment are strongly preferred.
The ideal candidate will
- Lead a laboratory group, both managerially and technically, in laboratory and bioinformatics functions, providing appropriate support and guidance to team members.
- Have experience validating new targets, translating from laboratory models to the clinic, generating data to confirm the mechanism of action and pharmacodynamics of new therapeutics, helping to select clinical indications and elucidate target prevalence.
- Have extensive experience of gene expression techniques/platforms and data analysis (RT-PCR, Arrays, NGS), ideally within the Biomarker space. Experience using laser capture microscopy and RNAscope desirable.
- Have experience designing studies, analysing data and preparing reports. Able to present the data to clients and discuss the interpretation. Must be skilled at interpreting complex, multidisciplinary, data sets.
- Be responsible for solving complex operational, technical and data analysis problems.
- Be the Analytical Study Manager for GCP purposes, ensuring compliance and working with QA to lead regulatory and client audits.
- Support the business development team pre and post study, building trusted relationships with clients. Prepare and deliver presentations to both internal and external audiences. Generate customer centric solutions.
- Be responsible for the operational budget of the team – ensuring studies are delivered to deadline and on budget.
- Be responsible for delivering new products and services.
- Set achievable objectives, training plans, and perform performance reviews.
Based: North West
Attractive, negotiable salary + Benefits
For more science jobs, go to www.sci-search.com
- Agency: SCI Recruitment for Scientists
- Contact: Andy Cuthbert
- Phone: 01606 818290
- Reference: 19890
- Updated: 14th August 2018
- Expires: 11th September 2018