Business Development Manager - Pre-clinical Services
Our client is a well-established contract research organisation offering pre-clinical and biomarker support services to customers in the pharma and biotech sectors. Further expansion means they now require an experienced Business Development Manager to fuel further this consistent growth.
The candidate will have experience selling pre-clinical (non-regulatory in vitro and in vivo models) services and GCP biomarker supporting services (protein and gene expression). Excellent communication skills are key (both to customers and internally within the company) the role will depend heavily on successful in depth discussions with client scientific teams and occasionally with their business colleagues, tailoring services to deliver client solutions.
Ideally PhD or M.Sc., but experienced B.Scs will be considered. Must have had several years prior laboratory based experience prior to at least 3 years relevant sales experience.
The ideal candidate will
- Be responsible for increasing revenue by generating sales from new and existing clients. Accountable for identifying and qualifying business opportunities, engaging with prospective new clients, and closing new business contracts. Must have proven abilities closing sales.
- Identify new prospects via trade press and databases (lead generation), open conversations and present services.
- Manage client relations via regular contact and understanding of the scope of clients’ projects and businesses.
- Maintain a high level of scientific and commercial competence on relevant company products and services. Be able to learn new areas of science and present company services, skills and technology platforms directly to clients and at trade shows globally.
- Be prepared to travel up to 50% of the time
- Generate quotations from information provided by the scientific teams and have experience negotiating confidentiality agreements, service agreements and study agreements.
Based North West
Attractive negotiable salary + benefits
For more science jobs, go to www.sci-search.com
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SCI Recruitment for Scientists
- Contact: Andy Cuthbert
- Phone: 01606 818290
- Reference: 19887
- Updated: 14th August 2018
- Expires: 11th September 2018