My client is a premier food and drinks research company, providing technical, scientific, and consultative services to the food industry in a global capacity.
Benefits: This is an opportunity to join a market-leading company with a range of benefits including an attractive starting salary, 24 days holiday and pension scheme.
The role is for a consumer project manager with experience in sensory panels to lead a team of technicians on consumer testing projects for for food and drink products.
* Project manage the Benchmarking team and its activities from concept of project, coordination and evaluation of sampling sessions, through to data collection and communication of final results - 55%
* Support existing business from major clients, and actively seek to grow and develop an additional volume of business from new clients - 10%
* Prepare and approve client reports, detailing the evaluation of samples with specific attention to suggested improvements, comparison data and market positioning - 25%
* Responsible for the continuous training and development of the Home Economists, Sensory Technicians and Administrative team - 10%
* Assist in the organisation of seminars and conferences including the preparation and delivery of presentations at both internal and external events for food industry clients, including bespoke training courses on Product Benchmarking on and off site
* Responsible for the maintenance of the quality and traceability systems within the Benchmarking section
* A degree or equivalent qualification in a food related subject
* Experience in the food or catering industry
* Basic Food Hygiene certificate
* A proficient and extensive knowledge on food, ingredients, processing and the market place
* Good managerial skills, able to motivate, co-ordinate and develop team to deliver objectives timely and efficiently
* Own transport as site is not accessible via public transport
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Tom on 0121 726 9750.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies
Keywords: Consumer, Sensory, Food, Project, Science
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J25755
- Updated: 17th July 2018
- Expires: 14th August 2018