We are currently looking for a Section Manager - Inorganic Chemistry to join a growing environmental and life sciences company based in the Manchester area. As the Section Manager - Inorganic Chemistry you will be responsible for managing a programme of work and/or department, to ensure timely delivery of projects or results at a profit. You will line manage a team of Analysts and Technicians effectively to ensure they are deployed appropriately. You will be actively involved in motivating and developing staff to maximise performance.
Key words: Inorganic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Environmental, Water, Waste, Soil, ISO17025, MCERTS, UKAS, Management
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Section Manager - Inorganic Chemistry will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Day-to-day scheduling of the workload within the laboratory in person and via effective delegation, KPI management and agreeing and meeting targets as specified by the Laboratory Manager.
2. Ensuring the ISO17025:2005 standard is maintained and that all relevant actions related to it are performed in a timely manner and ensuring all equipment is maintained and any upkeep is managed by the appropriate staff.
3. Identifying bottlenecks or potential issues in the laboratory, moving staff to maintain smooth operations of the laboratory. You will also have responsibility for monitoring spend and performance of the laboratory.
4. Ensure a high level of customer awareness in all staff, as well as leading by example.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Section Manager - Inorganic Chemistry we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Chemistry related discipline (eg. Inorganic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry). In addition, you will be expected to demonstrate a background in inorganic chemistry.
2. Proven industry experience in wet chemistry or metals testing as well as working knowledge of ISO17025 and MCERTS regulations.
3. You will have prior experience managing a team in an environmental testing facility, eg. water, soil, waste, air, etc.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Eve Hegarty
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J56345
- Posted: 13th July 2018
- Expires: 10th August 2018