A rare opportunity for a drug safety and pharmacovigilance physician to join a pharmaceutical company based in Cambridge. This is a newly created role within the medical directorate and will involve both the strategic and tactical elements of drug safety. This is a critical role to the company that will help define their drug safety structure and framework whilst also providing medical and commercial insights across the organisation. You will work across the life-cycle including with RWE and epidemiology data.
A close knit, cross functional environment where drug safety has a voice, is seen as the "go to" department for medical and commercial related questions and as such the role offers a high level of exposure and potential impact. A European site with close working with the affiliates across the region as well as those on-site.
· Responsible for the company's approach towards risk management to minimize the safety risk towards patients.
· Responsible for the development, coordination and execution of epidemiology/ pharmaco-epidemiology strategy across projects and throughout all phases of product lifecycle.
· Drive the safety strategy as it relates to review of product opportunities
· Responsible for providing comprehensive review and analysis of the safety of the Company's products including both marketed drugs and those in clinical trials, to ensure consumer, prescriber and regulatory authority confidence.
· Medical Doctor
· Extensive experience working in drug safety, pharmacovigilance and/or pharmaco-epidemiology
· Worked as a Director Drug Safety / Pharmacovigilance Director
· Varied and diverse experience within drug safety/pharmacovigilance and a desire and willingness to get involved with all safety related activities
A competitive basic and benefits package is offered including a base salary around £120,000 - £140,000 plus a flexible benefits policy worth approximately 20% of base.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CL41662 in all correspondence
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Contact: Julia Day
- Phone: 01246 457733
- Reference: CL41662
- Posted: 4th July 2018
- Expires: 1st August 2018