Ian Marlow is recruiting for a Clinical Information Scientist Principal to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Melbourn in Cambridge on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
As a key leader of Information Practice embedded within B&I you will blend your clinical drug development knowledge and computer tools knowledge to find key information. Embedded within fast moving drug project teams, you will efficiently scope and deliver the information clinical teams need to make decisions driving the drug development process. You will be embedded in drug project teams on projects transitioning into late phase development (Phase 2 and beyond), or into Established Brand teams.
You will access variety of internal and external information sources (ClinicalTrials.Gov, BioMed Tracker, internal clinical databases) identifying, extracting and sharing the information to inform key drug decisions necessary for clinical trials development.
You will also lead key drug meetings and committees by establishing the scope, goals and deliverables supporting business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Supporting decision making in clinical design by identifying, extracting and presenting back relevant facts and data via internal and external information sources (ClinicalTrials.Gov, BioMed Tracker, internal clinical databases)
- Building a repository of key data capturing key historical decisions for wide team to use and refer to (build the memory of clinical trials ranging from Phase IIb thru registration and life cycle management)
- Lead the design team by liaising with project stakeholders to plan and schedule project timelines tracking project milestones
- Developing and controlling deadlines and prepare progress reports
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Bachelors or advanced degree in a Life Science
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical clinical drug development process (with a preference for late-stage drug development in oncology, immuno-oncology of immunology)
- Good understanding of project management techniques and methods
Experience in clinical information or science information setting in the application of information and knowledge management (settings could include, but are not limited to clinical drug development, medical writing, medical affairs, clinical operations, competitive intelligence, regulatory intelligence)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multitask; can set priorities and follow a timeline
- Ideally a self-starter, who is capable of working independently
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CL42610 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Contact: Ian Marlow
- Phone: 01438 743047
- Reference: CL42610
- Posted: 27th June 2018
- Expires: 25th July 2018