Chemical sales position based in Greater Manchester
Title Customer Manager - Chemicals
Salary up to £35,000 (Depending on experience)
SRG is currently working with a well-established, producer of technical additives, dyes & pigments based in Greater Manchester. Supplying a varied customer base within the international chemicals market, they are seeking to hire a chemically focussed Technical Salesperson. This is a newly created position due to the company's continued growth, and will be a key role in helping further develop & grow the business.
Benefits: Working with a specialist in a niche industry, this position will offer the successful individual a key position within a growing technical sales team as well as an opportunity for international travel and the opportunity to study European languages. Other benefits include a competitive salary of £25,000 - £35,000 (dependent on experience), as well as a generous profit related pay scheme, 24 days annual leave + public holidays, and a contributory pension scheme.
Role / Description
Reporting directly to the Global Sales & marketing manager this position will responsible for managing customer relationships & developing new business across the UK & Europe. This will include:
* Developing strong relationships with new and existing customers to drive sales
* Managing agents, distributors & partners
* Supporting the sales process with a technical knowledge of the chemistry
* Mentoring a small team of Sales Executives who will be supporting this role.
* A degree or higher qualification in Chemistry / a related field OR a proven background within the chemical industry.
* Previous technical sales / technical support experience in the chemical industry
* Willing and able to travel frequently within the UK & Europe (approx. 25%)
* Strong communication skills, charismatic, self-motivated & determined
* Well organised with a developed commercial acumen.
* Additional European language skills (especially French) would be highly desirable bot not essential as long as you would be willing to learn.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an existing chemical sales specialist or customer facing chemist with a good commercial understanding to join a highly specialised company in a period of unparalleled growth. Well suited to a charismatic chemist, this position will include European travel as well as training & support.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Nathan at For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Technical Sales, Chemistry, Commercial, Technical support, Sales, Marketing
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J26861
- Posted: 30th May 2018
- Expires: 27th June 2018