Jocelyn Blackham is recruiting for an Associate Director, Medical Affairs to join a drug discovery company at their site based in Geneva on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Assist in developing the medical strategy and plan for assigned product(s) as well as lead the execution of relevant medical affairs activities
- Support and drive MSLs to achieve and exceed performance and objectives for improved patient outcomes
- Propose a global Medical strategy and adjust appropriately according to countries needs
- Manage the provision of all training and required resources for successful group utilization of education and research opportunities in coordination with Marketing and Country Managers
- Recruit, develop, lead and carry out ongoing management of the field MSL team in Europe including staffing, budgeting, tracking of spending and ensuring they meet goals and objectives that are aligned with Medical Affairs
- Plan and develop budget; track spend and ensures adherence to approved budget
- Work with individual MSLs to identify and develop collaborative working relationships with regional and national thought leaders
- Oversee MSL team involvement, attendance and reporting at scientific meetings/congresses and ensures that MSLs are well-prepared for clinical data presentations, conferences, and internal or external meetings
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- MD, PharmD, or PhD within a relevant scientific discipline (or equivalent)
- Experience within a management role in Medical Affairs within the pharmaceutical industry
- Track record of success in building, developing and managing a strong MSL team
- Experience in anti-infectives/antibiotics
- People & team management, time management, negotiating, organizing, process management, and timely decision making are all desirable competencies
This role will include travel on a European basis of approximately 50% of the time.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing drug discovery organisation based in Geneva.
Please quote reference QLS42102 in all correspondence.
You MUST be eligible to work in Switzerland. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 11th May 2018
- Expires: 8th June 2018
- Reference: QLS42102