Andy Leake is recruiting for a Real World Evidence (RWE) Statistician to join a company in the pharmaceutical industry on a permanent or contract basis. This position is fully home based.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
-Prepare analytical files and manage research datasets, write and execute on statistical analysis plans using claims data and/or electronic medical records and ensure high-level technical, scientific and methodological expertise in statistics, health economics and outcomes research and/or epidemiology.
- Work with programmer to establish statistical/database programming standards for RWE studies
- Advise on appropriate statistical and programming approaches to answering key research questions, contributing to the development of statistical analysis plan, reports, abstracts and manuscripts.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Masters or PhD degree in a relevant biostatistics, mathematics, computer sciences, epidemiology, health economics, public health, health administration or operations research or related discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant prior research experience in the healthcare industry within a pharmaceutical (or related) company, consultancy, or academia is required.
- Experience with analytics, coding and management of secondary data such as large, longitudinal health care claims data and electronic health/medical records is required.
- Strong data management skills are required
- Proficiency in statistical programming (e.g. SAS, SQL, R) is required. Minimum SAS skills requirement include: Base SAS data step programming, macro facility, and Proc SQL, SAS stat.
- Experience with protocol/statistical analysis plan writing and conducting health economics and outcomes research, real world evidence studies is preferred.
- Experience with data visualization techniques such as Spotfire or R/Shiny is preferred.
- Experience with applied analyses in one or more of the following therapeutic areas is preferred: Pain, Migraine, Immunology, Respiratory, Neuroscience, or Oncology.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting project with a pharmaceutical company.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CL41572 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 4th May 2018
- Expires: 1st June 2018
- Reference: CL41572