We are currently looking for a Protein Characterisation Specialist to join a Global Biopharmaceutical company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Protein Characterisation Specialist you will be responsible for analytical characterisation of novel Biologic products and bioprocesses as part of the Development Group.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Protein Characterisation Specialist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Clarify the structure, modifications, critical quality attributes and degradation pathways of biologic products through the development and implementation of protein characterisation methods including size, charge and hydrophobicity-based separation techniques e.g. HPSEC, IEX, RPHPLC, HIC, cIEF, CE
2. Provide critical support to bioreactor, purification and formulation development through the development and implementation of bioprocess analytical methods including product titre assays, analytical chromatography methods, cIEF/CE immunoassays, and other high throughput/automated physico-chemical methods.
3. Effectively plan and perform analytical work, including protocol and report preparation, data review, trending and tracking, to required quality standards in support of pre-clinical and clinical development study requirements and product lifecycle development
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Protein Characterisation Specialist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline (e.g. Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry etc.) in addition to industry experience in a Biopharmaceutical setting, ideally within R&D.
2. Proven industry experience in the analytical characterisation of biopharmaceutical products / proteins. Hands on experience with Mass Spectrometry for the analysis of proteins is vital.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with MS characterisation, LC-MS, HPLC, SEC, HPSEC, IEX, cIEF, CE, immunoassays.
Key Words: Protein Characterisation | Protein Analysis | Method Development | Bioprocessing | Chromatography | Mass Spectrometry | Immunoassays | HPLC | SEC | LC-MS | MALDI-ToF | cIEF | CE | R&D | Process Development Support
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 2nd May 2018
- Expires: 30th May 2018
- Reference: J5557