Molecular Biology Technician
£12-£14 per hour
Full time, Mon-Fri
Temporary - 4 month duration
My client, based near the Cambs-Herts border, are hiring for a temporary Molecular Biology Technician to support projects within the development of novel consumables and instrumentation for use in bio-diagnostic applications.
You will have the opportunity to use your knowledge of real-time PCR, assay-making, producing stock-solutions.
You will use both manual and automated pipetting and dispensing systems and employ your command of basic QC testing and use of real-time PCR instrumentation.
Requirements for the role:
* Exemplary pipetting skills, along with ability to carry out basic molarity calculations.
* QC testing, problem solving and basic testing.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, accurate and takes pride in producing work to a consistently high standard.
* Background of working in a molecular biology environment which would include experience in handling both manual and automated processes.
* Good working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook.
You will be working in a small team on a busy manufacturing site using highly entrepreneurial bio-diagnostic applications.
This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in a 4 month temporary project based close to Cambridge.
If you feel your skills and background closely match the requirements listed above then please apply now attaching a copy of your CV in Word.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Posted: 17th April 2018
- Expires: 24th April 2018
- Reference: J26223