Oliver Care is recruiting for a Senior Scientist to join a company who focus on the development of advanced materials within a broad range of industries, including aerospace, space and defense, at their site based in Cambridgeshire on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Liaise with Product Developers and Technical Fellows in matrix and fibre teams to define problems to be solved through the matrix formulation and composite development
- Design and execute experiments to solve technical problems; The development of prototype products for the introduction to the market on time and on cost
- Contribute to acquisition of new technical capabilities to maintain the companies competitiveness in the aerospace composites market
- Report discoveries and project status to appropriate levels of the business in the form of presentations, reports and participation in meetings
Further responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to protection of new developments with suitable IP filings under guidance from line manager
- Work with internal teams to manage the introduction of new materials into aerospace materials supply chain with appropriate management of risks
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Graduate or Higher Degree in Chemical related discipline or equivalent experience
- Significant relevant industrial experience
- Extensive working knowledge and ideally track record thermoset formulation in the context of industrial composite or adhesive formulation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
This is a great opportunity to join an industry leading materials development company and in return they are offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST41847 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 17th April 2018
- Expires: 15th May 2018
- Reference: ST41847