Graduate Site Chemist
My client is a leading provider of chemical waste treatment, disposal and recycling services in the UK, and we are currently recruiting a Site Chemist with HNC qualification or above in Chemistry or a related subject, to work at their waste treatment facility in Derbyshire.
The position involves input control and process authorisation and requires a hands-on person capable of mostly outdoor work (in an industrial environment) with some laboratory work - testing of waste streams, some analytical testing and sample prep.
* Sampling, analysing and overseeing the tipping of bulk loads of powders and waste acids
* Use of 360 digger and fork truck,
* Basic processing of containerised waste, including pumping liquids to tanks.
* The candidate is likely to be doing more "Chemistry" work on weekdays and more manual work at weekends.
We are looking for someone with an interest in chemistry and lab experience from studies or work. You will not be afraid "to roll your sleeve's up" and will have an analytical approach. Recent chemistry (or related subject) graduates are welcome to apply.
* Thursday to Sunday or Saturday to Tuesday (4 days) to be agreed
* Weekday shifts: 06.00 to 15.00, 08.00 to 17.00 or 11.00 to 20.00
* Weekend shifts: 07.00 to 16.00
(May also be required to work night shifts (20.00 to 06.00) on a reasonable rota basis. Night shift work will qualify for additional remuneration.)
Full training (including environmental legislation and regulation) provided. Great opportunity to build a real career.
Must be permitted to work in the UK.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Posted: 16th April 2018
- Expires: 14th May 2018
- Reference: J26288