Jocelyn Blackham is recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer to join a global healthcare company at their site based in the Canton of Solothurn on a full time contract basis for 6 months, with the possibility of extension.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Coordinate the creation, development, design and improvement of corporate products in conformance with established programs and objectives
- Provide direction and leadership in line with operational strategies and objectives to the industrial manufacturing organization in support of existing and new production facilities and processes
- Manage a team of engineers in acquisition, implementation, improvement and support of industrial manufacturing processes designed to promote lean manufacturing, demand flow, work efficiency and cost savings
- Plan, schedule, manage and monitor smooth execution of various engineering projects, ensuring adherence with all local government and company regulations, policies and procedures for environment, health and safety compliance. Ensures the documentation of project and program activities and deliverables
- Support implementation of new product development plans for the business unit. Develop industrial engineers and technicians as strong contributing members of extended NPI teams (New Product Introduction), promotes design manufacturability, provides product standard cost evaluation and prototyping
- Plan and manage cost improvement program related to manufacturing engineering
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- University/Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in industrial manufacturing engineering in the medical device or regulated industry
- Strategic agility, knowledge of business planning: ROI, Value proposition & Profit optimization
- Good knowledge of lean manufacturing principles.
- Cross-functional project management experience to develop and transfer new product and/or technology into manufacturing required.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the medical device quality system regulation required (ISO & QSR).
This role will include up to 20% travel regionally or internationally.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global organisation developing and manufacturing medical devices.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Please quote reference QLS41813 in all correspondence.
You MUST be eligible to work in Switzerland. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 16th April 2018
- Expires: 14th May 2018
- Reference: QLS41813