Lana Premadasa is recruiting for a Senior Phage Selection Scientist to join a global provider of proprietary diagnostic tools, consumables and reagents for the Life Sciences industry, based at their site in Cambridge and offered with a salary of £45,000 per annum.
The successful candidate will design and carry out phage display selections, screening and characterisation of outputs in order to identify lead Affimer therapeutic candidates. You will be part of a small dynamic team and a flexible approach to working with other teams and new technologies is essential.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Design and perform target antigen quality control
- Biotinylating target proteins and fully characterising the product for functional activity.
- Design and generate random and/or rationally designed DNA display libraries for both naïve and affinity maturation
- Execute manual or automated phage display panning against protein targets
- Characterise phage derived Affimer candidates hits via SPR/BLI (Biacore or Octet), ELISA and cell based assays
- Sequence phage candidates and sub-clone Affimer into the appropriate protein expression system for small scale production and purification and further characterisation
- Design and execute affinity maturation library build and selections
- Keep up to date on latest phage display and related technologies
- Present work in periodic internal group meetings and externally to collaborators and at conferences
- Manage projects and line manage team members
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Educated to at least MSc or PhD level (or equivalent) in molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or a related field
- Significant laboratory experience working in the field of in vitro display technologies (phage display, ribosome display, yeast display etc)
- High level of lab based competency in molecular biology, manipulating DNA and creating expression constructs
- Experience of characterising protein-protein interactions using at least two of the following methods; ELISA, HTRF, cell based assays, SPR or BLI
If you are employed by this client you will be joining a company providing instrumentation, consumables and reagents for life science researchers.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST41803 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 16th April 2018
- Expires: 14th May 2018
- Reference: ST41803