Are you an experienced Scientific Marketeer or Product Manager looking for your next exciting step within the life sciences sector? We are currently supporting a global client in their search for a Product Manager to manage their Nucleic Acid Chemistry (NAC) portfolio.
Our client provides a range of measurement products and services, including reference materials and proficiency testing, genomics solutions, services and instrumentation, and expert sample analysis and interpretation. Their range of customers is diverse and across a number of markets including Pharmaceuticals, Agricultural Biotechnology, Food, Environment, Government and Academia.
This is a newly created opportunity within a newly created section of the company. Nucleic Acid Chemistry (NAC) delivers a wide portfolio of chemical products for oligonucleotide synthesis, most notably in the diagnostic and therapeutic markets. This new business unit consolidates the existing expertise and success of three chemical production segments, thus driving an efficient, customer-driven unit, focused on growth.
The primary objectives of the Product Manager centre on owning the NAC Product Portfolio, with responsibility for Product Life Cycle management, leading commercial input to drive new product development, and defining our value and positioning in key workflows critical to our customer base.
The role will be based in the Central Belt of Scotland, however is likely to offer a degree of homeworking, so the client can be flexible on location.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Product Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Ownership and delivery of the marketing plan, maximising ROI. This will includee the preparation of business cases for maximising sales of the portfolio.
2. Educate and consult with both internal and external stakeholders on product features and their benefits. Deliver training and tools to sales teams. In addition, you will work closely assisting our sales team and participate with sales on calls where appropriate to provide deeper dives into the products.
3. Create product marketing collateral and content such as sales documentation, product videos, website copy, blog posts, brochures, on-line guides and other forums.
4. Speak and present both internally and externally to promote the story of our products.
5. Measure and optimise the buyer journey as it relates to product feature adoption and usage.
6. Create case studies and customer success stories. Capture voice of customer, write product requirements and monitor new product development progress.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Product Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences or Chemistry based discipline, e.g Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Biology. Experience of the oligonucleotide synthesis reagent market would be extremely advantageous, but is by no means an essential requirement as training on the portfolio will be provided.
2. Prior experience with regional marketing, product marketing and/or product management.
3. You will require excellent written and verbal communication skills; there is an extensive amount of writing and presenting / selling ideas in this role. This will be assessed upon application.
4. Excellent people and management skills to interact with employees, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
Key Words: Marketing | Product Manager | Product Management | Product Marketing | Chemistry | Biology | Oligonucleotide | Commercial | Nucleic Acid Chemistry | Genomics |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 13th April 2018
- Expires: 11th May 2018
- Reference: J5466