Contract Length: 6 Months initially
SRG are currently looking for a number of Research Associates to join a global Biotech and Life Sciences company based in the Liverpool area. As a Research Associate you will be working within a multi-disciplinary function, and will conduct and participate in seasonal vaccine strain development activities along with carrying out non routine research projects under the guidance and supervision of more experience scientists ensuring the timely provision of accurate data. We would expect applicants to have some experience in molecular and / or cell biology/ cell culture and cell based assays/ virology assays.
The successful candidate will;
* Conduct and participate in seasonal vaccine strain development activities, by characterising vaccines using a range of cell based assays.
* Make detailed observations, analyses data and interpret results.
* Ensure quality systems metrics associated with Virology team activities are maintained within agreed limits.
* Maintain your own records and log books, presenting findings at internal meetings.
* Educated to BSc level within a Biological/Scientific related subject.
* Laboratory experience within an industrial setting would be desirable.
* Knowledge and understanding of Aseptic techniques, mammalian cell cultures, basic cell/molecular biology, virology and cell based assays.
* Knowledge of working within a GLP laboratory would be desirable.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Posted: 14th March 2018
- Expires: 21st March 2018
- Reference: J25888