Julie Marshall is recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer to work for a leading medical device company who manufacture a prestigious range of products in the field of orthopaedics, spinal care and neuroscience therapies. The Manufacturing Engineer will be working at their state of the art site in Lancashire on a 6 month contract basis.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to be involved in new product development, to ensure timely introduction into production and that they are operationally cost effective.
Further responsibilities will include:
• Process review and optimisation of specified process areals.
• Input into new product development, to ensure timely introduction into production and that they are operationally cost effective.
• Initiation I completion of deviations, remedial actions, CAPA' s and other quality system
• Control and direct manufacturing validation effort for existing and new processes.
• Application of world class manufacturing tools and techniques (Lean, ME2) within aligned process areas.
• Problem identification and resolution to root cause.
• Actively driving process improvement projects to achieve OEE targets for area of responsibility
• Leadership and coordination of onsite Process Excellence initiatives and activities including certification, re-certification and promotion of PE awareness on site.
• Input into machinery purchases, investigating new technologies for existing processes.
• Ensuring that all activities are carried out in compliance with all regulations and laws governing business and quality operations (FDA I GMP I BSI I ISO, etc.).
• Knowledge of PEx, ME2 and Lean principles
• Knowledge of Business Continuity Process and capable to lead fault finding processes
• Understanding of the CapEx process
• Will be required to make difficult decisions on prioritization and risks of technical solutions to product
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Technical degree in related discipline (Engineering/Science/Chemical) preferred
• Minimum HND in related discipline
• Minimum of two years experience within same or similar industry.
• Ideally certified to Green Belt standard
• Experience in engineering ideally within the medical device industry
• Proven track record of installing/validating new equipment and processes in a highly regulated environment.
• Lean Manufacturing application
• Green Belt in PEx
• Aptitude for implementation of Cl principals.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Engineers is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference TC41527 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 14th March 2018
- Expires: 11th April 2018
- Reference: TC41527