Food Process Technologist
Our Client is the leader in Food Technology training and Development and provides scientific, technical and legislative support to the food, drink and allied industries. Their services and expertise are in high demand throughout the industry and many of their clients are household names. The group operates from three sites and this opportunity would be based at their picturesque Worcestershire location.
The role itself is for a Process Technologist in their Production and Processing Research Department with the New Technologies Research Team. The NTR team is part of the Production & Processing Research Department. The team currently comprises 4 members of staff. The main areas of focus for the section are consultancy, training and research for emerging processing technologies.
This role would be providing technical inputs into our work on emerging processing technologies, most notably, preservation technologies such as high-pressure processing, cold plasma, UV, ultrasound and microwave processing. The ideal candidate should have a background in food technology, chemical engineering or a related discipline. The candidate would be joining an experienced team that can offer appropriate training and support in this exciting technical field.
Key Responsibilities include
• Practical work on research and contract projects relating to activities across the department but with an anticipated focus on new processing technologies
• Training activities and events organisation with a focus on those relating to new processing technologies
• Practical support on other sectional activities where required. It is essential that the candidate is flexible and willing to work in other areas of the department’s activities
• Answering member enquiries
• Degree in Food Technology, Chemical Engineering or closely related discipline
• Experience of food manufacturing and unit operations across the food sector.
• Knowledge of new food processing technologies is desirable but not essential
• Good verbal and communication skills to form good client relationship
• Effective time management skills relating to effective delivery and business practices
• Generally, IT literate
• Can-do, enterprising and driven.
• Full UK/EU driving licence and be eligible to work and travel freely within the EU.
• Good technical abilities, comfortable with practical work but also data analysis and interpretation
• Comfortable working with pilot scale processing equipment and analytical equipment (with appropriate training)
• Good writing and oral presentation skills required to present material to both technical specialist audiences and general technical audiences
• Good potential to learn new skills
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to work with one of the most prestige organisations within the sector.
Salary: £17750 plus benefits
More science jobs at www.sci-search.com
- Agency: SCI Recruitment for Scientists
- Posted: 13th March 2018
- Expires: 10th April 2018
- Reference: 19782