Product Stewardship Manager - international exposure in NRW
Run an international team at a well known company from the chemical idustry
One of our clients, well known speciality Chemicals Company in Germany, is currently looking for an experienced Product Stewardship Manager to join its department in NRW.
You will be leading your own team, which means you will not only have a responsibility for the whole business unit but you will also be able to develop your leading skills.
Our client is a global leader, which will allow you to work with some of the biggest names from the industry.
* Partner with each business unit (BU) to understand and assess regional product safety and regulatory needs or issues. Provide coaching and guidance to team members and BU representatives as appropriate.
* Provide direct and indirect support to internal and external customers regarding regional product safety and regulatory issues.
* Understand product value chain and support risk assessments and conduct hazard evaluations to address emerging issues that could impact the customer or delivery reliability.
Your Responsibilities :
* Recognised for leadership and innovation in Product Stewardship and Compliance
* Represents Company to selected industry groups and governmental agencies
* Serves as a both a regional and global technical expert on product stewardship and compliance issues (subject matter expert)
* Monitors regulations, interprets requirements applicable for the business units and ensure compliance by integrating with business units and business strategy
* Ensures compliance programs are established and well-functioning, roles and responsibilities are in place and clear to comply with Company and regional regulations and standards
* Obtains necessary product registrations and notifications to enable growth of the businesses
* Works within the global Product Stewardship team, ensures information is shared and globally consistent processes and tools are developed and implemented
* Minimum 5-10 years related experience required with a minimum of 3 years' experience directly supervising a team of professionals and project teams is required.
* Prior product management / stewardship experience in a chemical or materials market preferred
* Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Toxicology, Sciences or other technical discipline, an advanced degree in a technical/science discipline desirable
* Regional Product Stewardship Manager - Europe, Middle East, and Africa
* In-depth knowledge of REACH, GHS, hazard communications standard, as well as knowledge of other chemical inventory and food regulations (cosmetics, food contact, feed, drugs) required while working knowledge of other product regulations topics such as export control and HTS is desired.
* Knowledge of and experience with European legislation
* Access to industry groups and governmental agencies, network of external knowledge and regulations
* Proven track record of obtaining timely and successful product registrations and notifications
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills needed to engage with global and regional business contacts; successful candidate must demonstrate ability to work well within a cross-functional, multi-BU, virtual and matrix business environment.
* Proven talent for leading multi-functional teams at a regional level within a global organisation
* Strong leadership
* Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
* Capable of managing uncertainty and driving clarity
* Innovative and passionate about product stewardship and compliance portfolio developments
* The following are desirable:
* International or expatriate experience
* Ability to understand and work with multiple cultures
* Knowledge of PC systems with solid experience and aptitude in computer systems
* Strong ERP or equivalent skills preferred, especially experience with EHS modules, Global Trade Control Systems, Global Label Management and SDS creation. The ability to efficiently pull data from ERP systems is a plus; data analysis and use for continuous improvement
* Life Cycle Analysis and Carbon Footprint experience
Our client offers you exciting work environment and being a part of one of the biggest chemical businesses world wide.
If working in a well respected and market leading company appeals to you, apply today by emailing a recent CV in word format to Paulina Suder at email@example.com or call me on +49 (0) 8921 0933 64.
Keywords: REACH/CLP/EHS/Hazardous Materials/Product Stewardship/Product Safety/EHS/ Chemicals/SDS/European Regulations/Compliance/GHS
My specialist area of expertise includes:
Regulatory (REACh, CLP, GHS, Safety Data Sheets / SDS, Biocides (98/8), Agrochemical/Crop Protection, Pesticide, Insecticide, Cosmetics, Flavours, Fragrance, Toxicologist, Ecotoxicologist Environmental Fate, Environmental Risk Assessment
You MUST be eligible to work in Germany. Learn more
- Agency: NonStop Chemical
- Posted: 13th March 2018
- Expires: 10th April 2018
- Reference: PS/168212/00