A fantastic opportunity has become available for a HSE Manager to join a leading pharmaceutical business based in the Surrey area. As the HSE Manager you will be responsible for putting in place strategies, policies and initiatives to deliver proactive health and safety behaviours as well as providing accurate communication and reports to senior stakeholders. This a great opportunity to bring the experience you have and really put a stamp on things and improve / change current processes you feel could be improved.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the HSE Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Lead and manage all HSE activities on-site by developing and implementing new strategies and driving continuous improvement keeping compliant to EU/UK legislation
2. In your role you will be part of the Senior Leadership Team and will maintain clear and accurate reports and communication with employees and stakeholders on all matters HSE.
3. You will organise and lead projects aimed at improving performance of productivity, costs and compliance. You will also use your experience to develop your team through coaching and mentoring talent and hard work and ensuring succession plans are worked towards and achievable for employees
4. Lead investigations of any HSE accidents, Incidents or near misses as well as providing accurate reports of these to be distributed to relevant areas of the site.
5. Encourage and drive the accountabilities and involvement of managers and employees with activities to bring awareness to risk, inspecting the work environment and any ideas for continuous improvements that can be made.
6. This is a leadership role with two direct reports as well as being a part of the Senior Leadership Team
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the HSE Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Must be Degree qualified in a relevant field as well hold relevant NEBOSH qualifications or similar
2. Proven industry experience in a highly regulated manufacturing environment (Pharmaceutical, Food etc.)
3. 1+ years Direct line management experience
Key Words: HSE | Health | Safety | Environmental | Healthy Safety Environmental | Manager | Health Safety and Environmental Manager | NEBOSH | Continuous Improvement | Pharmaceutical | Food | Manufacturing
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 13th March 2018
- Expires: 10th April 2018
- Reference: J5014