Oliver Care is recruiting for a Site Chemist to join a market leading hazardous waste management company. This is a permanent role based in Bristol and comes with a salary of up to £20,000 per annum (dependent on experience).
Joining the team and reporting to the Transfer Station Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that wastes are accepted, processed and disposed in terms with H&S and environmental legislation.
Further responsibilities and duties will include:
- Sorting, segregation and bulking of hazardous waste.
- Site testing of wastes including retort and compatibility.
- Completion of documentation for both incoming and outgoing loads.
- Visiting customer sites to ensure wastes are packed and labelled correctly to ensure safe onward transport.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- BSc or relevant industry experience in chemistry.
- Must be happy to do physical work in an outdoor environment in all weathers.
- Good communication and IT skills.
- Forklift licence and experience would be advantage but is not a requirement.
This could be an excellent opportunity for a newly or recently qualified Chemistry graduate to kick start their career in the chemicals industry. However, all those with relevant skills and experience will be considered.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST41189 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 13th March 2018
- Expires: 10th April 2018
- Reference: ST41189