Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join a global CRO who are supporting the world's best pharmaceutical organisation in the development of new medicines? Are you an experienced Manager with strong QC bioanalytical techniques?
Naynesh Mistry is currently recruiting for QC Section Manager to join a leading drug development company based in Yorkshire on a permanent basis. This is a specialist role within the QC function, requiring substantial experience as a QC management (management people, quality management). Expertise in Virology would be highly advantageous.
The role will be within the bioassay division and they perform a wide variety of molecular and virological techniques in support of the drug development process, including, but not limited to: extraction of nucleic acids from a variety of biological matrices and analysis by PCR/ QPCR, gel electrophoresis, QF-PERT and genetic sequencing.
On offer is a competitive salary (up to £50,000 DOE) plus excellent benefits.
The primary role of the Section Manager will be to ensure all operations within their section meets client's deadlines, is carried out according to relevant regulatory standards (GMP/GCP/GLP) and is conducted in an efficient and financially effective manner.
Other duties is to manage the overall output within one of our clients scientific groups with accountability for client deliver, regulatory inspections, resourcing and overall productivity within the group. They will also participate in regulatory and client audits.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Managing both laboratory supervisors and scientists and will have overall accountability for the quality of data produced within the section. The role will entail the development and advancement of scientific knowledge and processes within the Quality Control laboratory.
- Responsibility for the operational management of the section
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
• PhD in Chemistry/BioChemistry/Virology or related science, or equivalent related degree, plus industry experience including supervision.
- Extensive knowledge of regulations, preferably in a contract laboratory environment.
* Previous management experience
* Laboratory Experience - recognized expert in assigned scientific area.
* Skilled in performing presentations, leading meetings, time management, planning, and budgeting.
* Effective communicator with clients, reports and internal stakeholders.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH40755 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 13th March 2018
- Expires: 10th April 2018
- Reference: SH40755