We are currently looking for a Development Scientist to join a leading Antibody discovery company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Development Scientist you will be responsible for the process development and optimisation of the manufacturing of antibodies.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Development Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will carrying out antibody assays by flow cytometry as well as other antibody assay methodologies.
2. Your role as the Development Scientist will include carrying out conjugation of fluorescent dyes and proteins to antibodies as well as developing new conjugation chemistries for new dyes and antibodies.
3. Carrying out protein purification methods and designing experiments to improve processes will be important in your position as the Development Scientist.
4. Your role will include, but not be limited to, using the following techniques: HPLC, SDS-PAGE, Ion Exchange Chromatography, Flow Cytometry, ELISA, Western blotting, Immunohistochemistry and other relevant techniques.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Development Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences related subject such as Chemistry, Biology, or Biotechnology and proven industry/ commercial experience working in a laboratory.
2. Previous experience carrying out antibody purification and conjugation methodologies is essential for this position.
3. Experience carrying out the following techniques will make you a successful candidate: ELISA, Flow Cytometry, Western Blotting, SDS-PAGE and other relevant techniques.
Key Words: Development Scientist | Pharmaceutical | Drug Discovery | Manufacturing | ELISA | Antibody | Flow Cytometry | Western Blotting | Immunohistochemistry | Laboratory | Chemistry | Biology | Chromatography |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 12th March 2018
- Expires: 9th April 2018
- Reference: J5284