Jason Johal is currently recruiting for an Analytical Development Chemist to join a truly independent UK pharmaceutical company, focused on researching and developing novel dermatological treatments on a full time two year fixed term basis at their site in Hertfordshire.
Based close to Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire, the role will primarily develop and perform early stage validation for new and existing methods of analysis, which assist with the provision of stability data for Product Licence applications and Product Licence maintenance. It will also assist in the maintenance and troubleshooting of analytical processes such as test methods and instruments.
The Salary for the role will be £23,000 - £28,000 and comes with a pension, healthcare and other benefits.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
• Develop and validate analytical methods in accordance with current GxP guidelines for various analyte and product types in accordance with prescribed protocols using analytical techniques such as HPLC, GC, TLC and titration
• Review current validated methodology and apply improved/ new processes
• Transfer validated methodology to the QC and stability teams and contract testing laboratories for the generation and use of new analytical test methods
• Identify and implement new technologies to improve analytical processes within the laboratory
• Follow and write / review Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures
• Develop and perform the analytical work required to achieve suitable chromatography
• Analyse and interpret chromatograms / results generated from experiments using appropriate software packages
• Write Analytical Method Validation Protocols for method validation processes
• Write justifications for and sourcing of new equipment and writing in-house qualification protocols/ reports where required
• Perform routine maintenance and troubleshooting of the analytical instruments
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• Ideally, industry experience in method development and validation with an excellent knowledge of HPLC and/or GC analytical methods, preferably in a pharmaceutical environment
• Ability to perform manual and automated tests and assays in a methodical and scientific fashion to a high level of accuracy and precision and to operate associated analytical equipment
• Familiarity with computer software packages, such as Chromatography Data Handling, LIMS and Excel, for the collection, processing and reporting of data
If successful you will be joining a company with over a 50 year history and focused on researching and developing novel dermatological treatments. In addition to a strong benefits package there is highly competitive salary structure.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST41491 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 12th March 2018
- Expires: 9th April 2018
- Reference: ST41491