Principal Medical Writer - Medical Communications
Summary / Heading
A leading global MedComms agency is looking for a Principal Medical Writer to join their Senior Scientific Services teams, delivering a wide range of medical communications materials and providing essential reviews to ensure quality.
You will be utilising excellent verbal and written communication skills to not only lead the creation and development of accurate scientific copy for a variety of printed and digital materials but also to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, providing strategic leadership on assigned accounts.
The Principal Medical Writer will be working with leading international pharmaceutical clients and is expected to consistently deliver materials across a wide-range of accounts, manage and mentor junior writers and participate in business development opportunities. They will work closely with Client Services to ensure the team meets their potential, collaborating on forecasting, resourcing, budgets and timelines.
This is a brilliant opportunity for the successful candidate to be part of an excellent team in one of the leading global MedComms agencies.
Salary (If applicable)
Around 55k per annum
Client Company Statement / USP and Link
This forward-thinking global MedComms company, with a reputation for completing high-quality projects, is seeking talented individuals to support the leadership of their writing teams. This diverse role will offer someone the chance to work with a skilled team to develop and deliver copy on a range of projects whilst also being client facing and an integral part of the team.
* 22 days holiday + 3 days paid leave over Christmas/New Year
* Generous bonus scheme
* Life Assurance
* Private Medical Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Subsidised gym membership
* Health checks/screening/eye tests
* Free annual flu vaccinations
Role / Description
Main Job Responsibilities:
* Working to deliver a range of medical communication materials (both digital and print).
* Taking responsibility for the scientific services leadership on assigned accounts.
* Providing leadership and mentoring to junior team members.
* Providing timely reviews and constructive criticism of material created by junior team members.
* Participating in new business development.
* Building collaborative relationships with clients and medical experts.
* Demonstrating a high-level of scientific and commercial knowledge.
* MSc/PhD qualification (Life Sciences)
* Over 5 years Medical Communications Agency experience.
* Strong leadership skills including both client and line management.
* Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
* Experience of working well under pressure.
* Knowledge of pharmaceutical regulations with experience of working to ABPI.
* High level of organisation, team-working and time-m
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Clinical Professionals
- Posted: 15th February 2018
- Expires: 29th March 2018
- Reference: JO-1802-402902