An exciting opportunity for a Senior Analytical Scientist has become available to join a leading Biologics company based in the North West. As the Senior Analytical Scientist you will have to opportunity to work in both a GMP and development environment where you will be responsible for the QC, Stability and batch release testing of Biological products as well as acting a project lead and supervisor to junior members of staff.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Analytical Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for performing routine and cGMP testing for new product development programmes. The techniques could include Electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, IEF), Chromatography (SE-UPLC, HPLC, AEX) and Immunoassay (ELISA, Potency, HCP) techniques.
2. You will lead the development and validation of the afore mentioned techniques and lead the technical transfer of assays to cGMP testing.
3. You will work on quality documentation and will manage the initiation, investigation and closure of OOS's, Deviations, Change Controls and CAPAs. You will also be expected to review equipment validation documentation including but not limited to URS, trace matrix, IOQ, SOP's and protocols.
4. You will represent your team and company at internal and external meetings and conferences and will be expected to liaise with other departments both in the UK and oversees.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Analytical Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline (e.g. Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry etc.) and experience of working in a Biopharmaceutical environment, ideally with experience of analysis of Biomolecules or gene therapy products.
2. Proven industry experience in a Biologics QC environment where you have developed and optimised biological assays including but not limited to SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, IEF, HPLC, SEC, Affinity Chromatography and ELISA.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with quality documentation and run investigations and reports in to CAPA's, Change Controls, Deviations and OOS.
Key Words: Senior Scientist | Analytical Development | Analytical Testing | QC | Biologics | ELISA | SDS-PAGE | Western Blot | IEF | HPLC | SEC | AEX | ELISA | CMC Drug Development | GMP | Stability | Validation | Process Development
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 15th February 2018
- Expires: 15th March 2018
- Reference: J5131