We currently have exciting opportunities for Senior Scientist - Protein LCMS to join a leading, and rapidly growing, life sciences company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior Scientist - Protein LCMS you will be responsible for supporting regulated (GLP/GCP) protein and peptide bioanalysis projects.
The company provides a range of measurement products and services which underpin the safety, health and security of the public, including reference materials and proficiency testing, genomics solutions, services and instrumentation, and expert sample analysis and interpretation.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Scientist - Protein LCMS will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. The senior scientist will be working in a team of Scientists and Senior Scientists who are responsible for the timely delivery of bioanalytical services to our customers, primarily supporting protein and peptide based projects.
2. Method development, validation, sample analysis and troubleshooting using LC-MS/MS, as well as investigating new technologies are key functions of the role.
3. Some sponsor / client communication is required.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Scientist - Protein LCMS we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a chemistry, biology or related life sciences subject. Alongside this, you will need to demonstrate prior experience working in a bioanalytical laboratory with some exposure to proteins and peptides. Any additional experience in protein / peptide bioanalytical method development and troubleshooting (LC-MS/MS) would be an applicable in application for the Senior Scientist opportunity.
2. Understanding of protein chemistry / proteomics / ligand binding assays.
3. Have a good understanding of the commercial aspects of working in a CRO, including industry specific regulations eg. GCP or GLP.
Key Words: Protein | Peptide | Bioanalyst | Bioanalysis | Scientist | Senior Scientist | GLP | GCP | protein chemistry | LC-MS | LC-MS/MS | mass spectrometry | proteomics |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 14th February 2018
- Expires: 14th March 2018
- Reference: J4438