Alex Tosney is recruiting for a Trading Manager to join a well known speciality chemical manufacturer based in Central London. As a Trading Manager you will be joining a company with a wide range of products on at their office in Central London on a permanent basis. This role has a salary on offer between £70,000pa and £80,000pa depending on experience.
The primary responsibility of the Trading Manager will be to drive value from two products purchasing position (combined 200kT in Europe worth €250 million).
Further responsibilities will include:
- To drive cost and performance improvement in company Procurement of Strategic Raw Materials
- To manage day-to-day purchases and sales of two key products for company Strategic Raw Materials team in order to leverage company styrene position to add value to the business.
- To support and monitor distribution of key products to company sites from Suppliers and company styrene storage facilities.
- To manage company product contracts and execute spot trading strategy in line with what is agreed with the Head of Strategic Raw Materials.
- To determine and implement trading strategies for two products while following company delegation of authority process.
- To provide the Head of Strategic Raw Materials with such information as is required to report on the performance of the Strategic Raw Materials Team
- Keep abreast of raw materials markets to ensure that informed business decisions are made by SBUs
- Development of strategies related to use/purchase of specific raw materials
- Working closely with technical and operations to implement alternative raw material suppliers
- Effective management of raw material supplier relationships consistent with company strategy as defined by the Head of Strategic Raw Materials and the Procurement Director.
- Support company Integrated Business Planning process and ensure up to date and accurate information is shared through the Supply Point Capability Review
- Conduct monthly analytics on cost savings and KPIs and estimate the annual spend for each commodity within his/her responsibility and leverage these analyses in business planning, strategies and negotiations.
- Maintain trading log showing deals which have been agreed and work with the broader organisation to improve processes to manage such.
- Support the development of new products through early involvement with the SBU, Engineering and R&D on alternative identification and supply agreement negotiations.
For the Trading Manager vacancy you will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject
- Fluent English speaker.
- Experience of interacting internally and externally.
- Managing multiple contacts.
- Trading of Petrochemcials, Olefins markets,
- Previous experience managing raw material contracts for a manufacturing organisation is ideal
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ENG41275 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 14th February 2018
- Expires: 14th March 2018
- Reference: ENG41275