Alex Tosney is recruiting for an Engineering Surveyor to join a leading engineering inspection consultancy headquartered in Manchester. This is a permanent field based role covering the Derry/Londonderry area across a number of sectors from nuclear to retail. As this is a field based role you would be required to drive and the salary on offer is up to £33,000pa.
The primary responsibility of the Engineering Surveyor will be to plan, complete inspections and reports across a variety of customers and industries.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical support, guidance and challenge to Operations and the business to contribute towards profitable growth.
- Acting as technical authority in the review, support and resolution of Engineering; including complaints in order to achieve optimum settlement in line with established standards and procedures.
- Increasing the breadth and depth of technical knowledge and its application across the company within the relevant area, using qualitative checks to identify areas for improvement.
- Developing, maintaining and making use of an extensive network of contacts and relationships in order to stay abreast of market developments, emerging risks, best practice, competitor activity etc.
- Delivery of the inspection service to the customer within the allocated Region. (100% achievement)
- Production of required inspection reports, timely and well presented in accordance with standing instructions
- Maintenance of technical competence to operate in accordance with standing instructions and Quality Assurance procedures
- Efficient work management and liaison with customers in the delivery of the inspection service (work planning, appointments, travel patterns)
For the Engineering Surveyor vacancy you will have the following qualifications:
- A level 4 qualification in an engineering discipline
- A driving licence is essential
- Comfortable working in confined spaces or at height
- Experience in a hands on engineering position is essential
* Please note that an application for a DBS certificate will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.*
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ENG41304 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 14th February 2018
- Expires: 20th March 2018
- Reference: ENG41304