At Envigo, we are working together to build a healthier and safer world, we exist to help our customers secure the potential of their research and develop products that enhance and enrich life
It’s an exciting time to join our growing Pathology Department in Eye, Suffolk. We are looking for an office based Pathology Administrator to join this busy team
Working as part of a team the job holder is required to provide support to the pathologists, which involves checking all work produced by the department for accuracy, consistency and completeness. A meticulous approach to your work, good organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure to GLP regulations and follow company guidelines are essential to this role. Candidates should be pleasant and helpful with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
As a Pathology Administrator at Envigo your main responsibilities will be:
- Follow uncomplicated written and verbal instructions to ensure all tasks are conducted in accordance with Good Laboratory practice, Standard Operating Procedures and study protocols
- Collation of certain types of short term study data generated within the department to maintain quality and consistency of reporting
- Learns how to understand and interpret the protocol and documents relevant to role and level.
- Checking Pathology reports and textual data produced by the department to ensure correctness and consistency of reporting
- Develops communication with study pathologists, internal and external peer reviewers and study directors on a study by study basis to ensure timely and accurate completion of studies, and to ensure their smooth progression through the department.
- Checking Xybion protocols, having been generated on the Path/Tox VMS System to ensure accuracy against the study protocol. Setting up the pathology measurements on the Pristima system, checking to ensure accuracy against the study protocol
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to use the Document Management System, compiling initial pathology report using correct template and incorporating accurate information from study documentation. Develops knowledge of the report life cycle and workflows to enable study reports to be issued on time
- Booking in of study microscopic slides and paperwork along with study protocol, to distribute to allocated pathologists
- Sorting and filing of microscopic slides for studies so available for reviews by pathologists at both centres.
- Retrieval of slides from archives for further examination.
- Preparation and archiving of slides and study data.
- Preparation and packing of slides to be sent to sponsor or their agents. Unpacking and checking on their return
- Under close supervision and working with the study pathologist, learns how to provide excellent customer service when external peer reviewers are performed at Envigo. Ensure all materials are in order and correct documentation is available during their visit
The skills and experience we’re looking for are:
- GCSE-education level 5 C grade or higher including Maths, English and Science or equivalent or relevant experience applicable to role
- Ability to understand written and company standards and verbal instructions in English
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to be flexible and able to prioritise. Also demonstrate effective use of time and understands the importance of completing tasks in a timely and methodical manner
- Ability to use a pc to an intermediate level with knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel.
If you are professional, forward thinking, enthusiastic and highly motivated, then we want you to join us and help us achieve our mission – to be the best company to work with and the best company to work for.
- Employer: Envigo ++++
- Posted: 14th February 2018
- Expires: 14th March 2018
- Reference: 6051