Victoria Walker is recruiting for a Shift Process Chemist to join a chemicals and materials manufacturing company based in Humberside (North Lincolnshire), on a full time, permanent basis. Please note this role will involve shift day, night and weekend work.
Our client is one of the worlds largest suppliers & manufacturers of speciality emulsion polymers to a wide range of industries. If you have ever read a book, painted your bathroom or driven a car the chances are you have used a product which has been improved by one of their scientists. This is a well established company with their first site having been constructed well over sixty years ago. After diversifying their product range and following on from global expansion and strategic acquisitions they now have offices in mainland Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Northern America. They now require a Shift Process Chemist to join their team and are able to offer a salary around the £35,000pa mark, depending on experience.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the main purpose of your role will be to control the process of manufacture in the polymer plants, ensuring that the relevant testing is prioritised to allow maximum productivity. Controlling and assuring that high quality standards are maintained at all times. Benefits include pension, long service awards, free car parking and more. Please note this role will operate on a days, nights and weekends shift pattern.
Further responsibilities of this Shift Process Chemist will include:
- Ensuring compliance to all Safety, Heath & Environment (SHE) procedures
- Testing all products at relevant stages of production.
- Ensuring all products which are dispatched are within specifications
- Working closely with the shift manager to plan activities.
- Recording laboratory results.
As a Shift Production Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree or HND/HNC or equivalent in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or related discipline
- Significant proven industrial experience working in a laboratory and production environment
- Willingness and ability to work shifts
- Able to drive with own transport
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH41287 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 14th February 2018
- Expires: 14th March 2018
- Reference: SH41287