Site Chemist Based in Greater Manchester
Title Site Chemist
Location Greater Manchester
Salary £23,000 - £27,000
SRG are currently working with a speciality waste management company who operate nationwide. Priding themselves on their ability to provide a diverse range of services (both hazardous & non-hazardous disposal & treatment solutions they are looking to hire an experienced Site Chemist to join their team in Greater Manchester.
Role / Description
Following site acceptance procedures for receipt of packaged waste materials, the responsibilities of this role will include:
* Collect & analyse incoming waste samples to characterise incoming batches correctly.
* Provide costings for treatment & Disposal of waste
* Supervise the assigned treatment & disposal routes of batches, working closely with operational personnel.
* Ensure adherence to site permits & policies, keeping accurate records & documentation.
* A HND or higher qualification in Chemistry or a related subject.
* Proven experience with the waste management industry.
* Knowledge of waste related legislation including Hazardous Waste Regulations, PPC, Landfill Directive & ADR.
Working between 08:00 - 16:30 (40 hour week) this will be a permanent position based in Greater Manchester. Benefits include 22 days holiday + Bank holidays, Contributory pension scheme (4.5%) and private healthcare scheme.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Nathan at . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227..
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Site Chemist, Environmental, Waste Management,
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Posted: 13th February 2018
- Expires: 13th March 2018
- Reference: J25420